CITIZENS ACADEMY - 2017 CLASS FULL
Thank you for your interest in the Renton Police Citizens Academy.
We're sorry but the 2017 class is full.
If you would like to be considered for the next Citizens Academy, please apply today.
Want to gain insight into how the Renton Police Department operates? If so, the Citizens Academy is for you! The Renton Police Department is now accepting applications for the 2017 fall Citizens Academy, a 12-week program designed to educate participants on the “hows” and “whys” of our operations and services. Our academy offers front-line and behind the scenes information on law enforcement through interactive presentations and tours.
- Provide the community information to gain knowledge of police operations, units, division, procedures, and protocol.
- Develop a partnership between the community and police in order to establish a safer community.
- Motivate the community to proactively help prevent crime to help strengthen police and community relationships.
Topics & Activities Include
- Patrol Operations
- Traffic Division
- Use of Force
- Hostage Negotiations
- Narcotics Enforcement
- Homicide Investigations
- Crisis Communications
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Investigations
- Human Trafficking
- K-9 Unit
- Tour of communications center
- South Correctional Entity (SCORE) jail facility
- Simulated driving and shooting exercise
Attending the Academy
Twelve classes will be offered on Wednesdays from 6-8:30 p.m., starting September 27 through December 6, 2017. Graduation day is Thursday, December 14, at 6 p.m. Most classes will be at City Hall, there is NO COST to attend.
To participate, you must be willing to commit to attend at least 10 of the 12 sessions (not including tours). If you’re interested in attending, please apply today.
*Only those applicants who have successfully registered and passed a background check will be permitted to attend. Class size is limited, please apply soon! Please email your completed applications to email@example.com or deliver them to the Renton Police Department at Renton City Hall.
Please contact Stephanie Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-430-7519.